Unless otherwise indicated, this Web Site and its contents are the property of PrepGenie Eduactional Resources PL. A company registered in India under Company Number: U72200WB2011PTC169876 with its registered office at 18, Motilal Nehru Road Kolkata-700029. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the material contained on this Web Site belongs to PrepGenie or its licensors. The trademarks appearing on this Web Site are protected by the laws of England and international trademark laws.
In accessing this Web Site, you agree that the Web Site is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only. Unless you have PrepGenie’s prior written permission, you are not permitted to copy, broadcast, make available to the public, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the material (or any part of it) contained on this Web Site for any purpose whatsoever.
THIS WEB SITE AND ITS CONTENT IS PROVIDED FOR USE “AS IS”. PrepGenie MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR ITS CONTENTS, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE RELATING TO THIS WEB SITE AND/OR ITS CONTENT AND/OR ANY WEB SITE TO WHICH IS LINKED ARE HEREBY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW EXCLUDED. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE GIVEN AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY WEB SITE TO WHICH IT IS LINKED.
In no event shall PrepGenie or its employees, agents, suppliers, or contractors be liable for any damages of any nature, including without limitation any consequential loss, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or any other loss, cost, claim or expense of any kind or character arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web Site, its content or any Web Site with which it is linked. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law.
What Information We Like, and How We Use It
While we may offer services that do not require registration, many of our products and services will require you to register your personal details. In order to provide you with the best possible service, we may collect the following information:
Information you give us:Due to the nature of our products and services, you may be required to register your name, address, email address and mobile number. You may also be required to provide your credit card details, when registering for a paid for service. In certain cases, we may combine your information with information from other services we provide, and services provided by third parties. Under some circumstances, you may be given the opportunity to opt out of having your information combined thus.
- If you are an existing or potential customer, we may use personal information about you to advise you about our products and services from time to time.
- When we use personal information in this way, we will give you the option to decide whether or not you wish to receive information about our products and services and related information. If you do not wish to receive product information, you will need to email us informing us of this and we will comply with your wishes promptly.
Cookies:When you visit our site, or the sites of our partners, we might send you cookies, for advertising purposes, storing your preferences, and to improve the quality of our service to you. We do not, however, place third party cookies on your computer, and these cookies may be deleted following each session.
Third party cookies:
When you use the website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers and service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- to track your browser across multiple websites
- to build a profile of your web surfing
- to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
- in Google Chrome you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options”, “Under the hood”, Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- in Safari you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block cookies”.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on the website (log on, access content, use search functions).
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
- in Google Chrome you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options”, “Under the hood”, Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- in Safari you can delete cookies by clicking “Preferences”, selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Remove All Website Data”.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
Server logs:When you access our server, we may record certain information on our server logs. This information could include your IP address, browser type and language, and information from cookies that may identify your computer.
Communications:When you send us an email or query, we may retain those queries on file. These communications may be used to resolve your queries, or to improve our service.
Email Addresses:When you purchase a course or sign up for a free trial, you might receive our email newsletters, account updates and special offers targeted to your interests sent by PrepGenie. You may opt out of our email communications by clicking the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of all sent emails.
Links:At times, PrepGenie may present links in a format that allows us to discern whether these links have been followed.
The purposes for which we use your information, in addition to any reasons stated above, include:
- Providing our services, including advertising.
- Research, analysis and auditing, in order to improve our services, or to protect or maintain the same.
- Maintaining and ensuring the viability and integrity of our network.
- Protecting the rights or property of PrepGenie, or our users or partners.
- Creating, researching and developing new products and services.
Due to the global nature of our company, PrepGenie may process information on our server in India, or in another country. We may process information for our own purposes, or occasionally, we may process information for one of our partners.
PrepGenie will only share your personal information with companies or individuals outside of our company for the following reasons:
- If we have your consent.
- We may require additional confidentiality and security measures from the above mentioned partners, affiliates or companies.
- If we have reason to believe, in good faith, that such information may be lawfully required, and may be material in a criminal or civil legal proceeding.
We take every available measure to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. This includes limiting access to, unauthorized alteration or destruction of said data.
Access to data is restricted to the employees of PrepGenie, their affiliates and contractors, who have a need to access, said information, whether for processing, research, or another reason. All individuals who have access to such information are required to sign confidentiality agreements, and may be subject to termination, and or criminal prosecution, for any violation of these policies and agreements.
Data Integrity and Updating
Accessing and Updating Information
We make every effort to make accessing their own data, to correct, alter or delete such data, however, where such access is unreasonable, requires a disproportionate effort, jeoprodises the privacy of our other users, or contravenes the law, our policies, or reasonable business practice, requests to access data may be declined.
User identification is required to access data for these reasons, and the process and procedures for various types of access may differ. Please contact us for further information.
- Using the Site
- 1. Users, whether or not registered, must be over 13 years of age. If you are under 16, you must first obtain the consent of your parent or guardian to use or register with the Site.
- 2. You may view (and, where applicable, listen to) the content and applications available on the Site for your private non-commercial use. You may occasionally print individual webpages on the Site for your private non-commercial use, provided that such printing is not substantial or systematic and our trademarks, and copyright and trade mark notices, are not removed.
- 3. Registered users may customise some of the Site’s features to create personalised areas of the Site for their own non-commercial use. Users must not otherwise alter, adapt or reverse engineer any part of the Site.
- 4. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, you must not (whether directly or indirectly) (a) distribute, transmit, syndicate, sell or offer to sell or otherwise make available all or any part of the Site or any content, files, feeds or data from the Site, whether publically available or not; or (b) copy, download, or store any content, files, feeds or data from the Site, whether publically available or not, to make or populate a database or publication of any kind whatsoever, provided that for the avoidance of doubt this is not intended to restrict copying of an insubstantial part of any such material or where you are able to show “fair dealing” with it, in each case in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
- You must not use or allow others to access or use, all or any part of our Site or the contents and/or applications on it for commercial purposes without our permission.
- Users should be aware that content and applications may be removed from the Site with or without notice at any time and reliance on their continued availability is at the user’s risk.
- 7. Users, whether or not registered, must not abuse our Report this Comment facility e.g. by making malicious reports.
- 8. To seek permission to do anything prohibited by or not contained in these Terms, or which requires our prior consent or agreement, you can contact us by emailing: email@example.com
- Linking to the Site
1. You may establish a link to the Site, provided that:
- the link is not detrimental to and/or does not take unfair advantage of our reputation or business;
- the link does not falsely suggest that we endorse, approve of or are associated with your website or any of its contents; and
- framing is not allowed and you must not provide access to the Site or part of it under any other URL (e.g. by domain forwarding, URL re-direction or similar).
- Only one registration per person is allowed. You must keep your registration information up to date.
- You must choose a personal email address which gives you frequent access to emails sent to that address, as we need to be able to contact you. You must keep your password confidential.
- You must not:
- impersonate or try to impersonate another person;
- disclose your password to anyone else;
- allow anyone else use to your account;
- use anyone else’s account.
- You are responsible for everything done using your account, even if someone else is using your registration details without your knowledge. If you think that someone else may have access to, or be using, your password or account, you must tell us as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The information contained on the Site is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should check any information on the Site and use your own judgment before doing or not doing anything on the basis of what you see. We make no representations or warranties with respect to the Site or its contents. All warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose relating to the Site and/or its content and/or any web site to which it is linked are hereby to the fullest extent permitted by law excluded. No representations or warranties are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on the Site, or any web site to which it is linked.
Except for liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or deliberate breach of these Terms by us, we are not liable for:
0. any action you may take as a result of relying on any information provided on the Site or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking this action;
1. any dealings you have with third parties (e.g. other users, advertisers or promoters) that take place using or facilitated by the Site;
2. any liability for losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of (i) your use of the Site, or (ii) a breach of these Terms;
3. any business loss connected with your trade, business or profession.
Without prejudice to the generality of the exclusions of liability contained in both this clause 13 and in the Legal Notice, we are not responsible if you cannot access the Site properly or at all or if some of its features are unavailable to you because of any event outside our control, for example (without limitation) the performance of your or our ISP, your browser or the Internet or limitations in the capability of your accessing device.
Further we shall have no liability to you for any loss or inconvenience suffered from the unavailability or withdrawal of content and/or applications from the Site. We may withdraw content and/or applications from the Site at any time at our discretion with or without notice to users.
The Site relies in part on software to work. Software has bugs. Whilst we will monitor the Site and try to fix bugs, we cannot guarantee that the Site or any individual feature of the Site will be error free, available all the time and/or free from viruses.
However, nothing in these Terms will affect any liability we may have for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Maintenance of the Site
Making your use of the Site enjoyable means we need to fix bugs, install updates and do general diagnosis and maintenance of the Site which may make the Site less accessible or available for your use during those times.
We also need to be able to do emergency maintenance and/or suspend access to the servers where, in our reasonable discretion, we see the need to do that. We will try to have the Site available again as soon as we think it is safe to do so.
PrepGenie and other Company graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, common law trademarks or trade dress of the Company in India and/or other countries. The Company’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of others’ trademarks or domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Company.
Billing & Refund Policy
PrepGenie is an online test preparation service. By starting your PrepGenie registration, you are expressly agreeing that we are authorized to charge you a membership fee at the rate offered when you begin your membership, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the PrepGenie service, to the payment method you provide to secure your membership (or to a different payment method if you change your account information). The membership fee will be billed at the beginning of the paid portion of your membership, and for subscriptions, periodically thereafter unless and until you cancel your membership. If you are eligible, and have signed up for a free trial that requires a payment method, your payment method may be authorized; however, no charges will be made against the payment method if you cancel prior to the end of your free trial. We reserve the right to change our membership prices and to institute new charges at any time.
All purchases and payments are final and nonrefundable, except where explicitly stated as part of an ongoing marketing promotion. No refunds or Credits will be provided for unused service.
We do not give refunds for unfinished work on behalf of the student. If you do not get the full course done, we will not take responsibility for your inaction.
We will not refund books that have been sent out and received by the student.
At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members (“Credits”). The amount and form of such Credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of Credits in one instance does not entitle you to Credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide Credits in the future, under any circumstance.
QUESTIONS REGARDING REFUND POLICY
Please contact us with any questions regarding the PrepGenie refund policy by e-mail at email@example.com
All prices on this website are in Euros (EUR) and all purchases will be made in Euros, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Our goods will be made available online to you via our Learning Management System. You will be responsible for providing the correct email address and PrepGenie will be in no way held responsible if the email address and physical address provided to us is inaccurate, outdated or incorrect. You will have access to the Learning Management System until the next exam date, at which time access to your exam resources will be suspended.
While PrepGenie will ensure that servers and back-up servers have more than sufficient capacity to handle demand on the Learning Management System, due to factors beyond our control, the Learning Management System may occasionally not be accessible. PrepGenie cannot be held responsible for any access issues experienced, particularly during the few days before the exam.
PrepGenie shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions contained in the website or any other forums, whether printed or oral, and reserves the right to make changes to its website content and courses without notice.
PrepGenie has no association or affiliation with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), any university or any other exam preparation organisation. Enrolment with PrepGenie does not represent or include an application to sit the exams.
For Further Information:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org